Jobs Posting - Agriculture and Food Industry
Click title to open job posting
Do you want to be involved in the international dynamics of sustainability, where ideals and pragmatism meet?
UTZ Certified is a label and a program for sustainable farming worldwide. Our mission is to create a world where sustainable farming is the norm. Sustainable farming helps farmers, workers and their families to fulfill their ambitions and contributes to safeguard the world’s resources, now and in the future. UTZ Certified is one of the largest programs for responsibly produced coffee, tea and cocoa in the world, working across all continents with leading brands and retailers, such as Sara Lee, Mars, Nestlé, Heinz, Ahold and IKEA.
UTZ Certified is headquartered in Amsterdam and works closely with its partner network in Africa, Asia and Latin America. UTZ Certified is looking to hire a:
Program Manager Fruits & Nuts
Being highly successful in certification schemes for coffee, cocoa and tea, UTZ Certified wants to soon certify fruit (juice) and nuts. As Program Manager Fruits & Nuts you will be responsible for setting up and managing these new programs during the development phase. With your excellent interpersonal skills you create solid commitment from all relevant stakeholders. Together with supply chain actors you determine the sustainability objectives and design a roadmap to come to credible sustainability impact results for UTZ and the program participants.
You will be member of the Partnerships department. This team develops strategic alliances with organizations and companies to strengthen and expand the UTZ programs in accordance with UTZ requirements and vision.
- Set up, design and management of the programs, including building coalitions, setting up of the governance structure, co-‐funding, producer and business development
- Lead and manage the multi-‐stakeholder dialogue to identify key elements for the UTZ Codes of Conduct, traceability system, impact and other (partner) requirements for the program
- Coordinate with the UTZ departments to develop, test and implement the requirements for the operational programs
- Monitoring and evaluation (reporting) of the programs, meeting the UTZ results framework requirements
- Track record in sustainability business development and preferably in leading CSR transition processes
- Highly knowledgeable about the latest developments in CSR in agriculture, preferably experienced in the supply chains of fruits and/or nuts
- Experience in voluntary standards and a strong understanding of the issues therein
- Experienced in successfully managing multi-‐stake holder dialogues and projects
- Credible ambassador: initiator, connector, perseverant, flexible, compelling communicator
- Master´s degree and minimum 10 years of work experience. Fluency in English
Employment is based upon 40 hours/week. The position is based in Amsterdam and implies regular travel. We can only consider candidates who have a work & residency permit for the Netherlands/EU. Please note that we will check your references.
This is your opportunity to create real sustainability value!
Please send your application (1-‐page letter and 2-‐page cv) to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 28 2013, mentioning Program Manager Fruits & Nuts in the subject line. First round interviews will take place 29 April and 1 May, second round in the first week of May, third round 16 May. For more information about this position please contact Caroline de Greeff +31 6 22 28 45 00.
The Berry category within Costa is Australia’s premium grower, packer and distributor of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Based at our Corindi farm, NSW, Australia, you will assist in the day to day management of blueberry operations to maximise production/ harvest potential. This role is a newly created role and will suit someone with a vision of growth for career progression within the business.
A significant focus of the role will be liaison with key farm personnel to assist in the following areas:
- Irrigation Management
- Pruning/Plant husbandry
- Netting Programs
- Mulching Programs
- Weedicide operations
- Crop Nutrition and management of soils
To be successful, you will have:
- 5-10 years experience within a horticulture management role
- Relevant horticulture qualifications and/or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in initiating, building and maintaining strong and effective teams of people at all levels of production
- Result oriented individual
Hours will need to be flexible in line with season and crop requirements. If you are interested and can meet the above requirements, please email your application to email@example.com or alternatively for further information please contact Rob Wheatley, Horticultural Manager on 02 6649 2921.
Fresh Servant Oy is a company founded in 1995 that specializes in buying and selling of fruit and vegetables. We are also pioneer in the production of ready to eat salads, foodservice products and ready-to-eat fruits and vegetables for consumers. Our most famous brand is Hetki salads. In 2012 our turnover reached to 24.7 M €, and about 130 people are working with us. Our annual growth is about 20%.
For our growing organization we are looking for
(OPERATIONAL) PLANT MANAGER
In this position you are responsible for our entire supply chain.
We have recently made significant investments in production and logistics: in 2012 we started up a completely new factory(4.000m2). Which gives us the favorable conditions for high quality and efficient production and a reliable logistics performance. Our growth objectives require a continued strong development of the internal supply chain. This job is a new one in our organization.
In practice, you are responsible for the planning and management of daily production and logistics, optimizing the use of production capacity and leading and motivating the employees. In addition to the daily activities you are responsible for the optimization of material flows, waste management and the development of the management of the company.
Under your responsibility fall around 100 people, you will report to the CEO and you will be member of the management team.
Besides the proper training and managerial experience, we would prefer that you have experience driving a production environment with associated logistics systems, obviously in a Fresh-food setting. Are you willing to be pioneer in a rapidly developing area, you have good leadership skills and interaction, you possess a practical approach, you are result oriented and have good IT skills: please respond. In this region of Finland, the Swedish language is leading. But we assume that there is a willingness in training both languages.
We offer an exciting job in a company with significant market potential. As a company we are in the middle of an interesting growth phase and you will play a central role in a group of people who are enthusiastic about their work.
Job Reference: 3782IR
Production Manager (Nursery Stock)
Our client is over 40 years old. Greenhouse production began back in the Sixties with cut flowers as a "bridge product" for the winter months. Today they are a leading producer of young plants, operating globally. The company is directed by second generation of the original family.
Based in Ethiopia, there is now a vacant position within the Elite- and Propagation Department. This department is responsible for the cultivation and maintenance of Grandmother stock, the build-up of all mother plants of the company and the propagation of rooted and Callus cuttings for Export purposes. In the main season 300 employees are working for this department.
The Production Manager is responsible for planning all Elite- and Propagation related works. He/she is responsible for the communication and realizations of planning which are received from the German headquarters of the Group. 70% of the job takes part in the greenhouses in arranging and following up of issued works and hygiene standards. 30% of the job takes place in the office for planning and communication purposes.
After a general introduction of one month to all departments, the applicant will work for one year under the leadership of the current Elite-and Propagation Manager and will be trained by him in all fields of the job.
After one year the applicant will take over all responsibilities of the Elite and Propagation department. The job requires very good team work between propagation, Elite, production departments and the head office in Rhineberg.
Ultimately the new Elite and Propagation manager will be responsible to train and hand over responsibilities for this department to Ethiopian Managers. Thereafter this manager should be in a position to either be promoted or move into another department management position.
- BSc or Masters Degree in Horticulture or related field. Very good German Meister/ Techniker Degrees in Horticulture are also accepted.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a managing position in horticulture or related areas.
- Very good English language skills, German language skills preferred but not essential.
- Very good communication and management skills.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
€36-42K per annum (DOE)
+One return flight per year (including family)
The role of Farm Manager is a newly created position that will carry primary responsibility for running day-to-day operations at the facility. Reporting directly to the CEO, this hands-on role is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all daily operations to ensure that yield, quality, safety and cost KPIs are consistently achieved.
The Farm Manager will lead a team of department managers (ie: production and maintenance; growing; harvest; despatch / cool room) and will have a strong focus on developing the team through regular coaching and mentoring.
The Personal Profile
To fit the culture of the organisation and meet the requirements of this responsible position, we believe the successful candidate should be people oriented, energetic, extrovert and natural Team player, with a strong sense of responsibility, good leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. He or she has an analytical mind and is result oriented by nature, combined with a long term vision.
The Position Requirements
- Significant experience (minimum 10 years) in a senior operational management role in a horticulture context. Previous mushroom production experience will be highly regarded but is not necessarily essential
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop a team. Strong coaching skills and a management style that strikes an effective balance between providing support and driving accountability for performance outcomes
- Successful track record of building and implementing robust policies, processes and management systems. Previous experience gained within a start up environment and/or a rapidly growing enterprise will be particularly highly regarded.
- Experienced in applying statistical process control techniques to systematically monitor and improve performance (ability to coach direct reports in the design and application of these techniques).
- Previous experience working with SQF and HACCP systems
- Sound judgement and demonstrated ability to apply a commercial perspective
- Proven conceptual, analytical, strategic and creative thinking skills with a very strong capacity for problem solving
- Extensive experience in initiating, building and maintaining strong and effective business partnerships with people at all levels including the ability to influence and negotiate
Extensive experience in safety systems.
Parwan Valley Mushrooms is a new, state-of-the-art mushroom farm located near Bacchus Marsh, approximately one hour outside Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The facility commenced operations in mid 2012 and has current production capacity of 50 tons per week with plans for possible future expansion. The facility has successfully navigated an initial start-up period and is now moving into a consolidation phase.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Australia’s largest and most successful fresh produce groups. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive, competitive remuneration package.
Please send your resume addressing the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants with the right to work in Australia are welcomed to apply. Applicants are advised that Parwan Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An established family owned business headquartered in Michigan is seeking an experienced Agronomist.
- Measures harvest yield and quality against forecast.
- Trains Field Managers on crop scouting for weeds, insects and diseases and schedules irrigation for optimal field yield. Inspects fields weekly during growing season and assists with bruise testing, monitors pulp temperatures and diseases in storage areas.
- Measures and monitors quality control of product during seed cutting, planting and harvesting. Provides recommendations for cover crops, fall tillage and fumigation.
- Assists with data collection of petioles, stem counts, seed cutter performance and planter performance and makes recommendations based on data collection. Assists with assessment of yield and quality of sugars, size profiles and defects.
- Assists with selecting fertilizer and chemicals needs for operation. Monitors chemical inventories, orders products and coordinates with custom applicators.
- Maintains Agronomy Handbook to include Standard Operating Procedures and chemical and fertilizer recipes.
- Evaluates prospective new farming areas by reviewing soil tests and irrigation water availability. Calculates seed warm up plans according to dormancy of seed and target plant date.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years Agronomist or farm experience.
- Extensive knowledge in plant and soil science
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products to include PowerPoint, Access, Word and Excel, Outlook.
- Proficient in mapping and geographic analysis application
- Bachelors Degree in Plant or Soil Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred Education/Certifications: Masters Degree in Crop Physiology, Plant or Social Science or related field
Monticello, AR, USA * Lead basic crop disease management programs for row crops, small fruit, and vegetable production; develop a comprehensive plant pathology extension thrust and an innovative applied research program; conduct relevant training and a full spectrum of extension activities, information delivery, outreach, and related responsibilities. * RE- QUIRES: Earned PhD in plant path. or related field; ability to work effectively with pro- fessional and lay clients; strong communication skills; adult education capabilities; ability to anticipate changing trends and develop programs accordingly. CONTACT: R. Bennett, Dept. of Plant Path., 217 Plant Sci., Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA. RBennett@uark.edu. Voice: 1-479-575-2445.
Monticello, AR, USA * Develop an independent, recognized extension program delivering IPM- based solutions for field crops (emphasis on pest arthropods) in a designated region; conduct applied research to enhance sustainable crop production; organize field days; other activities include farm visits, faculty in-service training, create fact sheets, pub- lish web-based educational materials, and newsletters; provide IPM recommendations. * REQUIRES: PhD in entomology, strong background in IPM; excellent communi- cation skills (written and oral); ability to obtain and interpret research information; ability to interact effectively with both professional and lay clients; physical and mental capability to handle frequent travel, irregular work hours, and long days. * CONTACT: R. Wiedenmann, RWieden@uark.edu. Fax: 1-501-671-2251. Voice: 1-479-575-2451.
Jefferson City, MO, USA * Conduct nursery in- spections, plant pest surveys, export inspection/ certification, and biocontrol programs in an 18-county area; provide diagnostic labor- atory assistance; identify plant diseases and pest insects; participate in statewide virus- free certification program; inspect crops and storage facilities; provide information dissemination to a variety of audiences; obtain soil samples; set and analyze insect sur- vey traps. * REQUIRES: BS (minimum) in a relevant discipline; at least two years of professional plant regulatory experience; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clientele; willingness to engage in frequent travel. See: http://mda.mo.gov/hr/jo12072012.php. * CONTACT: HR-PI, Missouri Dept. of Agric., PO Box 630, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0630, USA. Fax: 1-573-522-5692. Voice: 1-573-751-1199. email@example.com.
-Residente en Piura-Chiclayo (Indispensable)
-Conocimientos en agricultura orgánica y certificaciones (Globalgap, Tesco, etc)
-Conocimientos técnicos en fertilización de cultivos de agroexportación
-Licencia de conducir A1
Se necesita un Ingeniero para jefatura de producción de planta de paprika
Ingeniero Industrial, alimenticio o agro industrial
Experiencia no menor de 2 años (indispensable) en la conducción de líneas de producción de productos agrícolas
Conocimiento de sistemas de control de calidad
Interesados enviar C.V. a firstname.lastname@example.org
Se necesita Ing agrónomo especializado en Sanidad agraria, para residir en Olmos Lambayeque, con experiencia comprobada en el control de plagas en capcicums
Interesados enviar C.V. a email@example.com
Estamos en la búsqueda de un experto en flores de exportación.
1. Ing. Agrónomo bachiller o titulado
2. 4 años de experiencia mínimo en Flores de exportación
3. Deseable haber trabajado en empresas exportadoras de flores
4. Facilidad para radicar en Tarma
5. Tiempo completo
Favor enviar CV documentado con sus aspiraciones salariales y disponibilidad de tiempo.
To implement its growing activities especially in research and training, the Center is looking for a talented, diligent, ambitious and reliable Tanzanian citizen, who places importance on quality, team‐work, and excellent research for the position of Postharvest Research Assistant.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Center’s Postharvest Specialist as well as other scientists to perform the following tasks:
- The Research Assistant’s prime responsibility will be the collection of data on postharvest handling and management of vegetable crops from trials conducted at the Center as well as collecting data on socio‐economic indicators and farmers’ perception of postharvest technologies through on‐farm dissemination trials.
- Specific responsibilities will include;
- Assist scientists in organizing and conducting postharvest research experiments including data entry/compilation and statistical analysis
- Provide day to day management of assigned trials or activities
- Assist in organizing on‐station and on‐farm training on postharvest handling, storage and processing of vegetable crops
- Assist in organizing and conducting outreach and promotional activities such as field days to promote the development and adoption of improved postharvest practices
- Assist in organizing and participate in the Postharvest Working Group
- Assist in conducting economic cost quantitative surveys of post‐harvest losses and other field evaluation activities including enumeration, encoding and compilation of data, in spreadsheets and basic analysis.
- Participate in AVRDC research meetings as required
- Provide assistance and other support services to official activities and perform other tasks as may be assigned by AVRDC’s Postharvest Specialist and other Scientists as may be needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc. or higher degree in a relevant subject in the field of Horticulture, Agronomy, or Food Science or Agricultural Engineering ;
- Experience with and proven skills in the accurate collection of agronomic and socioeconomic data in field trials are an absolute requirement
- Good agro‐economic background with focus on horticultural value‐chains;
- Excellent computer skills in MS‐office applications (Word, Excel, Power point, Access);
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili (spoken and written);
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partners and farmers and to engage farmers in data collection.
Application Procedures: Submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates and transcripts, and three names of referees including contact addresses, phone number and e‐mail. Applications should be sent by e‐mail only to AVRDC‐The World Vegetable Center, Regional Center for Africa, Ms. Nadine Kwazi, P.O. Box 10, Duluti, Arusha, Tanzania, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on the position can be requested by phone (+255 27 255 3093, +255 27 255 3102) or fax (+255 27 255 3125). Please send the application as an e‐mail attachment! Only applications from short listed candidates will be acknowledged. The World Vegetable Center, Regional Center for Africa offers an attractive working environment in a multi‐cultural setting with employees from different countries and diverse backgrounds. AVRDC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
The closing date for application is 31 January, 2013